Kings Local School District
Prohibiting Divisive Concepts and Discrimination
Based on Race, Ethnicity, Nationality, Religion, Political Views or Sex
Submitted to the Kings LSD Board of Education by Kings Education Integrity on August 17, 2021. As of October 1, 2021, no one from the school board has expressed any interest at all in addressing this concern.
The purpose of this resolution is to prohibit:
Section 1. Prohibitions
A. A teacher, administrator, other employee, contractor or volunteer of Kings Local School District shall not require instruction in, or make part of a course the following concepts:
1. One race, ethnic group, nationality, religion, political views or sex is inherently morally or intellectually superior or inferior to another race, ethnic group, nationality, religion, political views or sex.
2. An individual, by virtue of the individual’s race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views or sex, is inherently racist, sexist or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously.
3. An individual should be discriminated against, or receive adverse or preferential treatment, solely or partly because of the individual’s race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views or sex.
4. An individual’s moral character is determined by the individual’s race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views or sex.
5. An individual, by virtue of the individual’s race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed by other members of the same race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views or sex.
6. An individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish or any other form of psychological distress because of the individual’s race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, political views or sex.
7. Academic achievement, meritocracy or traits such as hard work ethic, or devotion to duty and obligations, are racist or sexist or were created by members of a particular race, ethnic group, nationality, religion, political view or sex to oppress members of another race, ethnic group, nationality, religion, political view or sex.
8. The United States is fundamentally or systemically racist or sexist.
9. The ideas promoted by the 1619 Project.
B. Kings Local School District shall not direct or otherwise compel students, teachers, administrators, other employees, contractors or volunteers to personally affirm, reinforce, support, adopt, or adhere to any of the tenets listed in paragraph (A).
C. No distinction among or classification of students shall be made on account of race, ethnic group, nationality, religion, political views or color.
D. No course of instruction, unit of study, or any other curricular or extracurricular offerings directing, facilitating, enabling, permitting, sponsoring, supporting or otherwise compelling students to personally affirm, adopt, or adhere to any of the tenets identified in paragraph (A) shall be used, or introduced, in any school within Kings Local School District. Nor shall students, directly or indirectly, be encouraged or incentivized in any manner to do so.
E. All training programs for Kings Local School District employees relating to diversity, equity, or inclusion shall adhere to the provisions outlined in section (A) and shall, before being used, be reviewed by the board of education for full compliance with this policy.
Section 2: Enforcement
A. The principal of each school, the district superintendent and the board of education are responsible for enforcing this policy.
B. Whenever a complaint concerning a potential violation is brought to the principal’s attention, or the principal has any cause to suspect that such a violation has occurred, is occurring, or may occur, the principal shall notify the district superintendent and president of the board of education in writing within 3 school days.
C. Notification shall include a description of the violation, or suspected violation, and what steps were taken to bring the situation into compliance.
D. If compliance has not been achieved within 3 school days, notification will include the specific steps toward compliance that will be taken.
E. Whenever a complaint concerning a potential past, present or future violation is brought to the attention of any district employee or any school board member, the recipient of the complaint shall notify the school principal. body of the petition here.
Critical Race Theory is an ideology derived from Marxism. It seeks to transform our schools from places that teach students to seek out truth to places that teach students to seek out power in order to revolutionize America.
Critical Race Theory plays identity politics, teaching that American is inherently and systemically racist, and is made up of oppressed and oppressors. It teaches that it is the moral, social, and intellectual duty of the student to work to free America from this punitive oppression of systemic racism. Along with it's ideology, CRT uses taxpayer dollars and school hours to educate students to be community organizers committed to the belief that the main purpose of education is to liberate America from "systemic oppression." In short, it politicizes our education system.
CRT has become all-pervasive in our nation's schools, incorporated into history, literature, social studies, and even math and science classes. While students' performance in math and reading of all demographics across the nation has been dropping (2019 National Assessment of Education Progress) schools are reallocating teaching time and resources to CRT lessons.
Experience has borne out that CRT has not ushered in an era of racial sensitivity and harmony, but instead produced just the opposite. The lessons of CRT are dehumanizing and prevent authentic relationships among students of different demographics, particularly of different racial demographics.
There has been an increase of reporting by students, parents and educators from across the country of the harmful effects of CRT. Students report feeling ashamed, vulnerable, helpless, traumatized and bullied. Many parents are turning to homeschooling and private schools as a result.
For these reasons, we, the undersigned, petition the Kings Local School Board of Education to adopt the attached resolution, titled, "Prohibiting Divisive Concepts and Discrimination Based on Race, Ethnicity, Nationality, Religion, Political Views or Sex".